A Fun and Educational Maple Sugaring Program for your organization!
~ tap a maple tree & collect sap ~ educational activities (science-cultural history-arts) ~ ~ songs and games ~ gratitude activity ~ maple snacks & pancake lunch finale ~
Inspire youth towards an understanding and love of their unique place's outdoor environment
- Get outdoors to grow a closer relationship to the land and its seasonal resources
- Gain a useful (and sweet and delicious!) skill
- Appreciate and conserve our trees and land as our food source
- Learn the science, cultural history, and arts of a regional food & justice tradition
WHERE: A sugar maple tree near your home base- we'll provide the tree location, access, and supplies
WHEN: Tree Program: a choice of dates at your convenience between February 1 and March 15.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED: Use the contact below to say “Yes! We're interested in a program!”. We'll follow up with you to provide program details, and to get from you the following information:
- Age Range for your group's program - Address of your group's meeting place
- Days of the week (Tues,Weds,Thurs,Sat,Sun) that work well for your group's program
- Hours (10am-5pm) that work well for your group's program
- Your group's availability of some budget or funding to support the program (not a requirement)
CONTACT US: Jasmine@SeedSongFarm.org
*Atharhacton is the Lenape name for the Kingston area. This project honors our native “first people” and one of their gifts to all future settlers: the wisdom, method, and gratitude for making Maple Sugar.